The Dime Store
Best remembered as Allen's 5, 10 & 25 Store, it was built by Jack Kibler in the early 1920's. Occupants included the Inverness Post Office, Vann's Drug Store and Ernest Johnston's Restaurant prior to Allen's opening in 1932. For 53 years George A. "Pop" Allen and his son, Otto operated the dime store, that was billed as "one of the most modern department stores in South Florida" in 1932. The store supplied everything from hardware, farm supplies, yard goods, clothing for the family, footwear, glassware, toys and stationary.