- Public Works
- Trash Services
- Household Trash
Trash Pick-Up Schedule
Household garbage is picked-up once per week for each residence, the pick-up days are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Residential customers can see the scheduled service days map on the Trash Pick-Up Schedule.
- All household garbage must be placed curbside the night before your scheduled pick-up
- Curbside residential customers must use the 96, 64 or 35 gallon garbage carts supplied by the City.
- For city residential properties, if you need to dispose of any appliances, furniture, and other household items including water heaters, TV's, computers, please contact the Public Works Department at (352) 726-2321 to schedule a bulk pick-up. Items will be picked up within three (3) to five (5) business days following the day of your request. Doors must be removed from refrigerators and freezers before they are placed curbside. Please ensure that all bulk pick-up items are a minimum of 4ft from any structure or garbage cart.
- The City sanitation services will not pick-up construction or remodeling materials or debris (such as but not limited to drywall, concrete, wooden sheets or planks, fencing, doors of any kind, windows or sheets of glass, toilets, sinks, counters or cabinets, carpeting or other flooring, and scrap metal). Should you have questions, you may contact Public Works at (352) 726-2321.
- For fees and account set up for trash and other utility services, please visit our Utility Services page for more information.