Covid Relief Grant Programs
Inverness Special Event & Cultural Arts Grant Program – Covid Relief
The City is encouraging businesses and organizations to submit event proposals that deliver vibrant events that engage the community and enhance the quality of life for its residents and community at large.
This program is designed to be flexible in that it allows individuals, nonprofits, and businesses to apply, and is open to City owned locations or business locations. The program is intended to provide funding for a variety of events and cultural arts programs with the city matching up to 80 percent of allowable costs.
Please reply and send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone call please. Committee will review applications as received.
Program Funds Cannot Be Used For:
- Promotional or special events sponsored by the State of Florida, local governments or educational institutions
- Promotional or special events inconsistent with the goals and objectives of the City
- Events not open to the public, either for free or for a fee
- Operating expenses of the hosting organization, including salaries or other compensation
- Prize money
- Purchase of tangible personal property
- Interest payments or reduction of deficits or loans
- Interest payments on loans
- Food and drinks that will be consumed at the event (include in your budget to show expenses)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Rentals of equipment, tents, chairs, lights, facilities, etc. (in some circumstances this may be funded)
- Travel expenses (in some circumstances this may be funded)
- Entertainment (in some circumstances this may be funded)
Determinations & Funding Awards
Completed grant applications will be reviewed by a committee and a determination letter will be sent to explain if funding will be awarded and the terms. Support funding may cover up to 80 percent of the proposed budget and will be reimbursed with proper documentation.